The Transport Innovation Centre Sheffield (TICS) is The University of Sheffield’s University Partnership Programme with the Transport Systems Catapult.TICS builds upon the strength of existing transport expertise at The University of Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam University. At the forefront of transport research, we facilitate new projects, while deepening our relationships with Industry and also delivering dissemination and public engagement.
Do you want to shape the future of transport in the UK and EU? An exciting Research Associate opportunity as… Read more
Optimisation of railway technology to ensure the viability and sustainability of socially important rail links at Brussels techical dissemination event…. Read more
Booking now open! Next Gen Rail is rolling into the Steel City on the 27 & 28th June 2017. Following… Read more
Tuesday the 8th of November saw Tics host its first ever IM themed schools outreach event. 80 students from across… Read more
Connected and autonomous vehicles (CAV) offer the promise of increased efficiency of use of the UK’s transport network, and of an associated improvement… Read more
Next Generation Rail 2017 @ The University of Sheffield – 27/28th June 2017
Next Gen Rail is rolling into the Steel City on the 27 & 28th June 2017.
Following the success of the last four years, The University of Sheffield’s Transport Innovation Centre Sheffield (TICS) and industry partners are organising the 5th Next Generation Rail Conference, to take place in Sheffield on 27 June and 28 June.
Who’s it for?
Next Generation Rail is attended by 200 of the brightest PhD students, early-career researchers, young rail professionals and apprentices, in order to promote interaction between tomorrow’s rail leaders and educators.
Why should I attend?
The conference will offer valuable training and learning opportunities to enhance your skills and support your career progression. The programme includes a choice of technical site visits, a series of interactive workshops led by innovation experts and lots of networking and team building activities. These include the Next Generation Rail Dinner on Tuesday night.
-What’s in it for you?
- Develop, enhance and learn new skills to support you and your company.
- Network with other young people from across the Rail Sector.
- Learn about the latest and cutting edge innovation.
-What’s in it for your company?
- Support in early career professional development.
- Develop collaboration and raise your companies profile.
- Investment in skills and personal growth.
This year’s theme: Journey into the future
The programme is packed full of interesting activities which look’s towards the future of the rail industry. This includes:
- A series of interactive workshops focusing around three main themes of Innovation in Rail Engineering, Intelligent Mobility and Professional Development
- Networking and team building activities to promote professional development.
- A choice of technical site visits in Doncaster’s Rail Cluster including Hitachi and National college for High Speed Rail.
It’s going to be an exciting couple of days! For more information see below.
For more information and support contact Adam Brown @ Adam.firstname.lastname@example.org